Thursday, June 23, 2011

Think I Need a New Plan-making cold calls vs writing 3 articles a day for Hubpages

Hey if you are new here, let me know you stopped by with a comment below!

This has been a good week.  I did two more teeth whitenings and one of the health insurance policies I sold was approved.  So In a day I made about $600 for 3 hours of work.  If I could do that four times a week, I'd be getting somewhere!

I've hit a bit of a conundrum today.  I made a plan to sell insurance during the day, teeth whitening a few times a week, and write evenings and on weekends.  My schedule seems a bit different, I feel like I'm getting something done every day, but its not exactly in that order.

Insurance sales takes a lot of time.  My goal has been to make 40 calls and write 4 quotes per day.  I'm not really motivated to make the calls, but I've been averaging 2 quotes from 20 calls.  I found that when I actually keep track of the amount of dials I make, I can push a little longer..just get to the next set of ten..before I take a break.

It's been a little dangerous though because I forget that when someone actually answers the phone, it will take a little longer than when someone doesn't.  I was late for a movie date with my kids because I was trying to get to the next set of 10 before I left and someone picked up!

The problem in my schedule is that I didn't leave enough room for writing.  My phone calls are most productive between 7 and 9.  After which I need to run the quotes.  So writing is taking longer.

I found that I'm spending my day answering personal emails, studying new topics, or writing news articles for the examiner.  Part of my motivational trouble is that I recently discovered Hubpages.  After publishing just 2 hubs, I had already made $1.67.  That was more than I made publishing 20 articles for examiner.com!

Another thing about Hubpages, is that it is chocked full of great writers who have really cool subjects.  I am spending a lot of time reading and commenting.  I already found several crafts I'd like to do with the kids and if I know my kids, they will want to list them on Etsy.com before they are even complete.

One of the hubs I've been reading lists a whole bunch of ways to earn extra money.  The very first one is to get a Hubpage, and I'm already a believer!  He says that if you publish 3 random but good quality hubs every day, you should be making about $18k your second year.  $18k is nothing to sneeze at, especially when it is doing something I love to do every day anyway!

I'm already writing that often in different venues, but it may be a challenge to write quality articles just for Hubpages and sell insurance and be a teeth whitener and volunteer and network.  I'll keep you posted and let you know how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment