Friday, March 18, 2011

Putting My Plan Together

The book I blogged about the other day really gave me permission to explore every angle that I want to explore.  I decided to go ahead and make a last Hail Mary attempt to make my primary source of income from the insurance industry. 

I've been busy putting together a twitter page, facebook page, and blog spot for my "new" business.  My coach has already talked to me one on one once and got me started with all of this homework.  Aside from getting all of my pages together, he has given me access to his quoting software (worth a bunch of money every month), given me a source for free database management, and gave me the name for much more cost effective errors and omissions insurance.

Still on my list of things to do is filling out the paper work for the new insurance carriers and setting up my home office. I'm typing all of these blogs from a 10" screen netbook so I've been scoping out a more grown-up style that I can work on for 8-10 hours a day.  I also purchased a headset to use with my magicjack for outgoing calls.  When it arrived today, I discovered it doesn't work on my netbook or on my cordless phone...I'll re-list it on Amazon.

Without guilt, I've been able to continue to explore the idea of becoming a coach.  I'm not sure how it will fit into my life just yet, but I've been very interested in attending the Fowler, Wainwright International Institute for Professional Coaching.  Because of I Can Do Anything If Only I Knew What it Was, I know that it's o.k. to maintain my interest in this field.

I had to giggle out loud when I listened to a webinar about becoming a coach.  One of the very first slides said "You don't need to have all the answers to be a great coach.  You just need great questions." Helllllllooooo? That was the ONLY thing that others told me I was good at...asking questions.  I am very excited to know that this career is out there. 

I an determined to make this insurance thing happen...and I am going to be a coach.  Maybe my niche will be coaching teachers about what kind of life they will have after teaching!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment