Tuesday, November 15, 2011

21 Days of Journaling Day 1 What Would I Do With a Million Dollars?

I'm not sure how I got on the list but 9 days ago I started getting these emails inviting me to blog once a day for 21 days. It promises to align me with my inner self, grow me as a writer and give me mental clarity. I'm up to writing 3 articles a day but none of them have been here or in a journal.  I remember how good it felt to put all of my thoughts on this blog before, so I'm willing to give it another shot.

I'm a bit behind so I might have to double up in order to finish with the rest of the group. The rules are simple, write from the heart with no minimum or maximum.

What would I do with a million dollars?


I've actually thought of this one often.  The first thing I would do is pay off the homes of both of my parents. Then I would fix my own house so it was presentable. I'd get a mold abatement team out hear, have someone clean up the fallen tree in the backyard, add carpeting to my cement floors, and maybe, if it didn't cost too much, I'd replace the broken cabinets in the kitchen.

That would give me about $500k left over (not sure what my parents owe )  I'm finally old enough to buy an instant annuity and that is just enough to give me about $2k per month for the rest of my life.  That would allow me to breathe.

This is where things get fun.  I would continue to write and coach but I would do a lot of charity work.  I left word at a local organization that I wanted to teach parenting classes and they were interested but they never got back to me.  I need to act on that right away. Why wait until I win the million?






No comments:

Post a Comment