Thursday, November 17, 2011

21 Days of Journaling Day 6 What is the Most Important Thing You’ve Learned in Life So Far?

It really takes a lifetime to learn this one but every once in a while a feel a glimmer of freedom when I "get it." The most important lesson I've learned is that it is ok to be authentically me.  I'm not going to make friends with everyone who crosses my path but that is ok.  I don't need to win every argument, and I don't need to make up my mind on the fly.

Being authentically me means that I can have my own opinions whether they are popular and pc or not.  It means that I can have my own sence of humor, and enjoy a movie that someone else finds distasteful.

Being authentically me does not mean I am original in everything I do. In fact, it is very fun, to find out what I have in common with others.  Sometimes it is only the fact that I enjoy raw cookie dough:)

No comments:

Post a Comment